Wednesday

Imagine close enough.

While outside, the smells conjure up memories, the rotting fleshy earth, the leave of whispering steam trails, caught and lost. Something new begins, a thought that lasts motionless. How I wouldn`t mind if I were with someone, again. I, in wondering, would instill this mess of emotions, now. Is it still incredible to fall for someone? Tonight, tonight would be, could be, a good time, now in this cold, small drizzle, here, there, outside? Imagine, close enough, our hands in our coat pockets, our shy rocking, back and forth, rubbing shoulders while we sit here. Loving this, "never time" all too early morning, not wanting daylight, yet. Her purple cheeks and puffy eyes have yesterdays make up, her cold blue lips, drawing tawt across her chattering play and smile. If I could get close enough to her frosted shiver, to warm against her face, to fall into her neck. To be close enough to smell her shoulder, her hair, to have found yesterdays touch of perfume. Small, slender fingers, half out of her big sleeves, covering her lips, hiding that she didn`t expect to be caught without her toothbrush. I never noticed that lamp post over the park bench, nor the fact that we sat under it most of the night. I know her jacket and her faded jeans. Could I remember any closer? Looking into her eyes longer than a quiet search, a kiss left lost in that hope, the time instead, enough. We would've drawn closer, but... we never did, we don`t exist, not her or I... remember? I asked "Imagine close enough". The park bench is 11 floors down from my apartment window and the only eyes twinkling last night, were the city lights and that bench, it never saw us. You know, you have to admit, I have an incredible view from here, such a pretty city, isn`t she? I need to get more sleep, its almost 6:00 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave words for me something, anything.