Monday

I love them both the same.

Its been a tough few days this past weekend, my father fell and broke both his hips. Today, because of his age they operated with local anesthesia, instead of putting him completely under for the steel plate and bolts. My father has always had this way of taking pain, not chronic pain, but acute pain and deal with it. At 80 yrs of age, he is showing emotions he never had shown before and cries easily. He does not just start crying, per say, but now, when he remembers stories and recounts past, young memories, he tears up quite proudly, like a man should, in my humble opinion. He was out of surgery in a couple of hours worth of it this morning and seems remarkably well for it. Though he was quite, anxious and shaking a lot, he said he was in so much pain. I think on the weekend he may of stood up too quickly, not letting his oxygen time to make it to his brain and for a split second passed out, only to find himself on the floor. He phoned my sister, crying, seemingly in shock and maybe apprehensive if he would get a hold of her or not. I got the call from my mother, 35 yrs divorced, but a caring, scarred, forgiving gift to us all, explaining what happened and telling me she is on her way to take me to the hospital an hour after he arrived in emergency. I cry alone, during movies, during the site of tears or emotions, but am usually very strong in the faces of my gathering family. I found myself reassuring everyone that he will be ok, and, he will pull through, nicely. To-day, I felt such relief, because he has done well, and, clearly spoke to me of the long road back to walking again. My father lives with my sister, granddaughter and little Doda, his miniature, paper-white poodle. My sister has taped Doda's picture to his handle grip above him and he noticed it immediately. Although my mom and dad are divorced, for ever it seems, they are very civil infront of us kids, all 7 of us and 9 grandchildren, my mom is the one who has held us gently together, no one else can take credit for that. My mom is the Christian strength and direction, my father is the resolve and spirit. I am closer to my mom than my dad, but love them both the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave words for me something, anything.