Thursday

What I want?

I know for a fact, that if everyone gets what they want, then I'll get what I want. So, I wait for a trip back to that small mountain I was scared of, over that mountain, its Lake St, Charles - via Devil's Falls. I'll never go on the sunny side of the other mountain, there will be enough sun on top of my small mountain. Devil's Falls always wore out our bathing suits and the girls knew that too, best skinny dipping in the gorge. How I loved my small mountain top, in the shadow side, my eyes wide open and heart aching, I felt such fear in my small, dark mountain. I would dare them to come up out of the water, and slide down Devil's Falls, crystal clear and only deep enough to stretch out and crawl, their backsides sore. To roll over and look up into the clouds while they float on from Lake St. Charles. Never looking ahead, winding back down to Devil's Falls, over and over again. I feel like the hunchback, look like the hunchback, hiding in the shadows, if I could dare to skinny dip again, at Devil's Falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave words for me something, anything.